Year-End Tax Statements

Your statement will be available online around the middle of January, leaving you plenty of time to reference it for filing your taxes.

If you are not signed up for Paperless, your statement will be mailed to you by January 31st.

Form 1098 and Form 1099 Differences

The Form 1098—also known as Mortgage Interest Statement—is used to report the amount of interest and related expenses you paid on your mortgage during the tax year.

The purpose of a Form 1099 is to record types of income received from sources other than your employer, the discharge of a debt, or to notify that an event took place.

There are several types of Form 1099, but these are the only types we would send you, if necessary:

  • 1099-A: Used to alert the IRS that an event took place (foreclosure, deed in lieu of foreclosure, etc.)
  • 1099-C: Needed when a debt is cancelled, forgiven, or discharged.
  • 1099-INT: Needed when your escrow account earns $10 or more in interest during the previous year.
  • 1099-MISC: Needed when customers received $600 or more in cash benefits.

Refinanced and Transferred Customers

  • Refinanced:
    You’ll receive two statements, one from each servicer, for each separate loan number.

  • Transferred:
    You may receive two statements, one from each servicer; or you may receive a combined statement.

    Note: Please refer to the dates listed on the year-end tax statement to determine if it covers the entire year.

Have more questions or need help?

Give us a call during business hours.

888-464-2432United Wholesale Mortgage Support Line
Monday - Thursday7am - 8pm CT
Friday7am - 7pm CT
Saturday8am - 12pm CT